A 21 year old guy had worn a pair of contact lenses during a barbecue party.(An event or meal at which food is cooked outdoors over an open grill or fire) While barbecuing he stared at the fire charcoals continuously for 2-3 minutes. After a few minutes, he started to scream for help and moved rapidly, jumping up and down. No one in the party knew why he was doing this?
Then he admitted into the Hospital, the doctor said he’ll be blind permanently because of the contact lenses that he had worn. Contact lenses are made by plastics, and the heat from the charcoal melted his contact lenses.
DO NOT WEAR CONTACT LENSES WHERE OVERHEATING AND FLAMES ARE CONCERNED…. OR WHILE COOKING…!
Spread this around because this sounds terrible as fuck!
spread this because it’d be terrible as fuck is just like amazing, alright, ok.
I run a fandom blog so I hope this can inform cosplayers or cosmetic lense users as well as day to day contact wearers.
Who the fuck doesn’t know what a barbecue is?
OH MY GOD
A similar thing happened to a friend of mine - He fell asleep with his contact-lenses in whilst out in the summer sun, when he awoke, to his surprise he was unable to open his eyes properly. He had to get a cornea transplant and skin grafting in order to fix his eyes.
I’m reblogging this cuz I wear contacts and I want to remember this…
I knew this and am reblogging for all contact wearers out there.